Cezar's reflections

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ubuntu Lucid Sleep

I like my fresh installation of Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx very much, I think the guys at Canonical are doing a wonderful job with Linux. I had a small problem with suspend to sleep/hibernate, the computer would simulate a sleep, even the monitor would close for a second but continued to stay running.
After a Google search I found this page that made me try adding the file:
/etc/pm/config.d/unload_module with SUSPEND_MODULES="xhci" in it. And I'm happy to report that solves the suspend problem, now I can leave my box running, actually sleeping, during the night and continue my work on Zorba the following morning.
Also if you're interested in adding applications to your Ubuntu Lucid take a look at this wiki page.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home